Gosport Borough Supporters Club Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gosport Borough Supporters Club Forum

THE Independent Gosport Borough Fans Forum

3 posters

Euro 2016 Championship

WACCOE!
    WACCOE!
    Reserves

Euro 2016 Championship Empty Euro 2016 Championship

Post by WACCOE! Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:10 pm

Well, we've seen a few matches!

Who's going to win it?

Any surprise packages?

How far will the home nations progress?

For me, I think the Germans usually get it right at Tournaments and the French will benefit from the home advantage. So far I haven't seen anything that looks like it's going to set the tournament alight (apart from the Russian fireworks of course). However, I do believe that teams that play well straight out of the blocks, often don't last the pace.

Surprises? Maybe the Czech republic or Austria. I think we have all seen from Leicester's exploits this season, that a team mentality and togetherness can often outweigh a team burdened with talent and ego!

Although Wales did well against Slovakia and I was chuffed that they won, I think the result masked an average performance from them. I still fancy England to progress to the knock-out phase and once there it's anybody's game. We have players who are relatively fresh which may well tell in the end. In my opinion, they will go further than Wales and the Irish teams.
    Itsamemario
    Youth Development

Euro 2016 Championship Empty Re: Euro 2016 Championship

Post by Itsamemario Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:11 pm

It is still in Englands hands to top the group, just win the next 2 games so all is not lost. Germany looked pretty good going at half speed.
    paulm
    Mr Vice Chairman!

Post by paulm Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:32 pm

For me Germany looked good, as usual. France have struggled to break the smaller teams down and I dont think they will be able to against the bigger teams. My money is on Spain - literally.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content